Every gifts in wills fundraiser is aware of the huge opportunity that the forthcoming wealth transfer will offer, and the benefits it can bring, both for our supporters and the causes that they care about. We also all know that long-term investment in our gifts in wills programme is essential, but, increasingly, we will need to develop those programmes in a never-normal world, categorized by rapid social, environmental and technological change.
This event, for senior gifts in wills fundraisers, is an opportunity to for us to step away from the day-to-day and lift our focus to the future, to reflect on what this changing society means for our work, in the company of other highly strategic thinkers.
During our time together we will explore the key long-term trends that are affecting society and consider what those trends mean for our gifts in wills and indeed our wider organizational strategy.
You will leave inspired by the potential for the future, and equipped with the tools that you need to develop a strategy aligned to the challenges of the next decade.
We will explore:
- How society is radically changing as a result of the Third Industrial Revolution
- The changing face of legacy donors as the Baby Boomers create the anticipated Legacy Boom
- How we will need to adapt and respond to donors’ needs, values and behaviours
- The implications of a changing environment for our colleagues and our wider organisation
What you will learn:
- How to ensure your strategy stays relevant for the long-term
- How to stay motivated and avoid burnout in a never-normal world
- Tools and techniques to make clear decisions on your future direction
- How to communicate the need for strategic change to the wider organisation
The content of the seminar is formed by a unique mix of academic and market research, practical examples and case studies. It will be highly interactive and a chance to learn from and reflect with experienced peers from the UK and overseas.
Who should attend?
You are not necessarily a legacy fundraiser but you are a leader. This masterclass is suitable for legacy managers, individual giving managers, directors of fundraising, communication managers and chief executives alike. Anyone looking to prepare their organisation for legacy growth or to see a step change in their legacy income.
The seminar begins at 13:00 on Monday 19th February and fi nishes at 13:00 on Wednesday 21st February 2024. Please plan to arrive on the morning of the 19th, or talk to us if you need to arrive on the evening of the night before.
The masterclass costs £1995 + VAT per person.
Your attendance fee covers all sessions, as well as seminar materials, accommodation, food, and your transfer from Inverness Airport or train station.